Post 2

 On The Road - April


This section of pictures was taken on the road between Norfolk and Scalpaigh. I will add captions eventually but they are mainly from Skye and in the Highlands. 

When I'm driving I am a tourist, there is no time to look for more subtle interpretations of places or people. Generally speaking I'm not so keen on photographs that are just views but the Scottish landscape throws up such astonishing visions and vistas that it is impossible to resist the glancing image. 

A group of Japanese tourists photographing each other by Loch Lochy is a reminder of the colonising gaze of the camera. Views through my windscreen establish that I was really there!


Please make your screen as bright as possible 
to see the pictures at their best!


Click on a picture to scroll through 
full screen versions































































No comments:

Post a Comment